2018年12月24日月曜日

Writing Practice: Moocs Academic and Business Writing Week 4 How I start writing / Interviewing my topic

How I star writing
I start writing by analyzing the writing topic. By reading the writing topic carefully, I can understand the key idea of the topic. Then I try to relate the key idea  to what I know. (If I do not know much about the key idea, I'll do research on it, if possible.) This will help me come up with the main idea of my writing. Analyzing the writing topic also helps me avoid digression. When I think of points to make, I try to come up with points from the opposite stand. For example, if I agree with the statement in a writing topic, I try to come up with the reasons to disagree with the statement and vice versa. If you deal with both points in the writing, the wring will be more convincing. And you can write a lot more than when you do not!

20 Questions

If you are doing a standard essay, it may seem odd to interview a topic, but imagine that your topic is a person. Pretend to be that person, and answer these interview questions. You may not be able to answer all of them, but do as many as you can.
  1. What is your full name? Do some people know you by a different name? I am immigration policy or migration policy.
  2. How does the dictionary or encyclopedia define you? Immigration is the action of coming to live permanently in a foreign country. Migration is movement from one part of something to another.
  3. When were you born? What were the circumstances? I was born eons ago. Everything in this world, including animals, migrated. Immigration is also as old as human history. It started when Homo sapiens left Africa towards Europe and Middle East.
  4. Are you still alive? If not, how did you come to an end? I'm still alive. With globalization, I am on the increase.
  5. What group do you belong to? How are you like others in your group? 
  6. Can you be divided into parts? How? I can be divided into living in a foreign country temporarily and living there forever.
  7. Were you different in the past? How? Immigrants and migrants were rare in Japan in the past.
  8. Will you be different in the future? How? I will thrive in the future because Japan needs workforce from other countries,
  9. Do you ever feel misunderstood? I do. Many think I am dangerous.
  10. What is your purpose? I want to make money because my home country is poor. I also want to learn Japanese so that I can find a good job when I get home.
  11. What are you similar to? Why do you say that? I am similar to winds. I say it because winds change the air of the place to refresh the environment bringing something new and taking something away. Immigration and migration do the same to the society they occur.
  12. What are you different from? Why do you say that?
  13. What or whom are you better than? In what ways?
  14. What or whom are you inferior to? In what ways?
  15. When people talk about you, what do they say? They say I jeopardize their lives by taking away their jobs.
  16. Should I know any facts or statistics about you? I account for almost 2 percent of the Japanese workforce as of 2017. The number is 2.56 million.
  17. Is there someone I should talk to about you--an expert, for example? I would like you to talk to lawyers whose expertise is human rights related to foreign workers.
  18. Are there any famous sayings or quotes about you?
  19. Have there been any stories about you in the news? Tons. There have been news about exploitation of foreign workers.
  20. Should I do more research about you? You need to do more research about me because this issue will continue as the Japanese society keeps aging.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

注: コメントを投稿できるのは、このブログのメンバーだけです。