2017年5月15日月曜日

Pre-TOEFL writing, An early bird or a night owl? - rewrite -

Writing Topic
Some people prefer to get up early in the morning and stat the day’s work. Others prefer to get up later in the day and work until late at night. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and example to support your choice..


Let’s Think
Preference is difficult to explain. You yourself sometimes do not know why you like something. Let us try to remember the moment we went, “One thing good about getting up early/getting up later is that ….” It might have been the blue sky with white clouds in the morning sunshine or the relaxing branch in a cozy room with light beams filtering through curtains.

Hints for Points
I am a morning person,
1.    because I am health-conscious
2.    because of competitive society

I am a night person
1.    for constitutional reasons
2.    because I exercise hard in the daytime (I take a quick nap early in the evening and study late at night.)

Sample Essay Structures
Sample 1
Introduction = OutlineI prefer to get up early for some merits.
Point 1It is good for the health to keep early hours.  e.g. good for mental and physical fitness
Point 2An early bird catches the worm.  e.g. less crowded train
Follow-upSome exciting things such as festivals happen late at night and I sometimes join them, but I do not make it a habit.
Conclusion = Wrap-upI make it a rule to keep early hours except for some special occasions to get the most out of life.

Sample 2
Introduction = OutlineMy body clock makes me keep late hours.
Point 1My mind works better at night.  e.g. quiet, no phone calls, concentration
Point 2I believe in a research result that shows young people perform better with longer sleeping hours. e.g. better test results of some American schools with class start time one hour later than before
Follow-upNight owls miss the morning delight like clean air and bird songs, but you cannot have everything life offers anyway.
Conclusion = Wrap-upI prefer not to go against my grain.


♦Your Sample Essay Structure
Introduction = Outline

Point 1


Point 2


Point 3


Conclusion = Wrap-up


0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

注: コメントを投稿できるのは、このブログのメンバーだけです。