2017年3月28日火曜日

Pre-TOEFL writing, What do you do for good health? - rewrite -

Writing Topic
People do many different things to stay healthy. What do you do for good health? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Hints for Points
To stay healthy I …
1.    stay relaxed and try not to worry much, for illness starts in the mind.
2.    regularly exercise to speed up the metabolism.
3.    watch what I eat because you are what you eat.
4.    avoid oily food, which will increases your fat.
5.    eat less salty food since too much salt raises blood pressure.
6.    reduce consumption of sugar, which is toxic and can cause cancer.
7.    eat a lot of vegetables and fruit, for they provide good gut bacteria.
8.    go on a diet once in a while to purify my blood.
9.    keep early hours and sleep well to be mentally and physically sound.

Sample Essay Structure
Introduction = OutlineI do three things that are good for the health.
Point 1I laugh a lot for good health. It is said that laughing activates our immune system.
Point 2I walk up the stairs instead of taking the elevator so that my legs will not become frail.
Point 3I eat and drink in moderation because many centenarians say they do it for longevity.
Conclusion = Wrap-up I always try to be in a cheerful mood, be physically active, and refrain from gluttony. All in all, I abide by the common sense.

♦Your Sample Essay Structure
Introduction = Outline

Point 1


Point 2


Point 3


Conclusion = Wrap-up



Sample Paragraph Development of Point 1 in Sample Essay Structure
Main IdeaI laugh a lot and it seems to be good for my health.
ExplanationThis is probably because, as is said, laughing activates our immune system.
ExampleFor example, when I feel down, I try to find something funny about myself. Why do I remember that my friend forgot my birthday while I forget many important things? I laugh at myself, and the laughter lightens my heart. I also watch stand-up comedy shows and laugh out loud. Comedians often take up disagreeable matters and people and ridicule them. This makes me refreshed from the bottom of my heart.
Follow-upOf course even a most hilarious joke cannot cure an illness, but they can relieve some pain.
ConclusionNot only an apple but also a smile a day keeps the doctor away.

♦Your test paragraph development:
Main Idea

Explanation


Example



Follow-up

Conclusion



0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

注: コメントを投稿できるのは、このブログのメンバーだけです。