2021年12月8日水曜日

Pre-TOEFL Writing Most experiences in our lives that seemed difficult at the time become valuable lessons for the future.

Winter 3  Writing Topic

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Most experiences in our lives that seemed difficult at the time become valuable lessons for the future. Use reasons and specific examples to support your answer.

以下の意見に賛成ですか反対ですか?その時は困難に思えたほとんどの人生経験は将来の貴重な教訓になる。答えを支持するために理由と具体例を使ってください。

 


Let’s Think  考えてみよう

Remember experiences in your childhood that were difficult at that time. Was it only tough for you, or did it do you good in the end? Did you learn anything from it? Did you become stronger than before?

当時は困難だった子供時代の経験を思い出してみてください。それはあなたにとって辛かっただけですか?それとも最終的にはあなたにとってよかったですか?何か学びましたか?あなたは以前より強くなりましたか?

Note: This statement says “most” experiences, not “all” experiences. Thus, traumatic experiences such as disasters and wars are not necessarily included. メモ: この意見は「ほとんどの」経験と言っていて、「全ての」経験とは言っていない。従って、災害や戦争の様なトラウマになる経験は必ずしも含まれない。

 

Words and Expressions

1.     You learn that you can cope with it when you face a difficulty and get up to it.

私たちは、困難に直面してそれに立ち向かう時、自分がそれに対処できるということを知る。

2.     We acquire new skills and knowledge through problem-solving.

問題解決を通して、私たちは新しい技術や知識を獲得する。

3.     Some boring practices like piano lessons will give you a skill that is useful to have in the future.

ピアノの練習の様な一部の退屈な訓練は将来持っていて役に立つ技術を与えてくれる。

4.     By going through tough times, you learn that you are not alone and that someone will help you if you ask for help, and you will have a feeling of gratitude.

きつい時の経験を通して、一人ぼっちではないこと、頼めば誰かが助けてくれるということを知り、感謝の気持ちを持つようになる

5.     You will be more empathetic to others and insightful about their problems.

以前より他人に共感するようになり、彼らの問題に洞察が働くようになる。                                   

 

Your Essay Structure  エッセイ構

Introduction = OutlineI agree with the statement that most experiences in our lives that seemed difficult at the time become valuable lessons for the future. There are three reasons and specific examples to support my opinion.

Point 1          

Point 2

Point 3

Conclusion = Wrap-upFor the reasons above, most tough experiences become morals for the future.

 

Sample Paragraph Development  段落展開例

A.      Main IdeaBy going through tough times, you learn that you are not alone and that someone will try to help you if you ask.

Reasons and ExamplesThis is because you become confident about the difficulty because you know you can do it. For example, I moved to a city in the United States when I was seven years old because of my father’s job and went to a public school in my neighborhood. At first, I was anxious because I understood little of what my teacher and classmates were saying, but in a month, I made friends with some classmates and communicating with them. Although I still had many things to learn, I was confident that I would be able to live there, and now I am sure that I can live anywhere in the world.

Wrap-upYou become stronger than before by overcoming them.

【主張】困難に直面してそれに立ち向かう時、自分がそれに対処できるということを知る。

【理由・具体例】できると分かって、その困難に対して自信がつくからだ。例えば、私は父の仕事のために7歳の時にアメリカのある町に移住し、近所の公立校に行った。最初は、先生やクラスメートの言っていることがほとんど分からず不安だったが、一か月すると何人かのクラスメートと友達になり、彼らとコミュニケーションを取っていた。まだ学ぶべきことは沢山あったけれど、そこで生活できる自信があった、今では世界中どこでも住むことができると確信している。

【まとめ】困難を克服することによって以前より強くなる。

 

B.      Main IdeaBy going through tough times, you learn that you are not alone and that someone will help you if you ask for help, and you will have a feeling of gratitude.

Reasons and ExamplesI have been bullied and abused by many people for a reason I do not know for years. Trying not to take it seriously, I did my best to end it, but it never ended. I got tired, and thought I understand why some people commit suicide, when I asked for help on the Internet. No one replied, but things have gotten better since then. I think some people have been helping me.

Wrap-upI thank them, and I am sure I will help others in the same situation.

【主張】きつい時の経験を通して、一人ぼっちではないこと、そして誰かが助けようとしてくれることを知り、感謝の気持ちをもつ。

【理由・具体例】私は長年分からない理由で多くの人にいじめられ虐待されている。深刻に考えないようにしながら、それを終わらせるために最善を尽くした。しかし決して終わらなかった。私は疲れて自殺する人がいる畏友が分かったと思った。その時私はインターネットで助けを求めた。誰も答えなかったがそれ以来物事は良くなった。誰かが私を助けてくれているのだと思う。

【まとめ】私は彼らに感謝しているし、同じ状況にある他の人たちを必ず助けるだろうと思う。

 

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

注: コメントを投稿できるのは、このブログのメンバーだけです。