2017年1月5日木曜日

Pre-TOEFL writing, What do you want most in a friend―someone who is intelligent, or someone who has a sense of humor, or someone who is reliable?

Writing Topic: What do you want most in a friend―someone who is intelligent, or someone who has a sense of humor, or someone who is reliable? Which one of these characteristics is most important to you? Use reasons and specific examples to explain your choice.

☆Let’s Think
Even if your friend has none of these good points, a friend is a friend; you like the person for some reason. However, you might wish that the person would have at least one of them.

☆Sample Essay Structures
 Sample Essay Structure A
【Introduction = Outline】I would like my friend to be reliable for a true friendship.
【Intelligence】A friend is not a teacher. I do not care if my friend is not intelligent because friends can enjoy friendship without high-level intelligence. As long as we can share some interests, the relationship will be productive.
【Humor】Humor is important, but not indispensable in relationships.
【Reliability】If a friend is neither intelligent nor funny, the relationship may well last, but if a friend is unreliable, it will be over in a short time.
【Conclusion = Wrap-up】I want a long-lasting relationship, so I want my friend to be reliable.

Sample Essay Structure B
【Introduction = Outline】I would prioritize sense of humor when I choose a friend.
【Reason 1】A hilarious person makes others happy more than any other kind of person.
【Reason 2】It would be difficult for friends who are always joking around to have a row and break up.
【Follow-op】Intelligent people may help me in many ways but I sometimes feel nervous in front of them because of inferiority complex. Even if I were as intelligent as the person, I would have a sense of rivalry, which might be difficult to handle. In terms of trust, I can trust a friend who is unreliable because an unreliable person can become reliable if cared well enough.
【Conclusion = Wrap-up】Humor saves us all. Therefore, I would like a funny person to be always with me.

Sample Essay Structure C
【Introduction = Outline】Intelligent friends have a sense of humor and are reliable.
【Definition】Intelligence is not only about knowledge but also about power to do well in society.
【humor】A truly intelligent friend is funny without exception.
【reliability】An average level of intelligence is enough to know that reliability is the prerequisite for a workable social life.
【Conclusion = Wrap-up】It would be nice if I had an intelligent friend in the real sense.

Your Sample Essay Structure A
【Introduction = Outline】
【Intelligence】

【Humor】

【Reliability】

【Conclusion = Wrap-up】

Your Sample Essay Structure B
【Introduction = Outline】
【Reason 1】

【Reason 2】

【Follow-op】

【Conclusion = Wrap-up】

Your Sample Essay Structure C
【Introduction = Outline】
【Definition】

【intelligence/humor/reliability】

【humor/reliability/intelligence】

【Conclusion = Wrap-up】


0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

注: コメントを投稿できるのは、このブログのメンバーだけです。