2021年5月27日木曜日

TOEFL iBT Independent Writing Drill Which do you like better, cats or dogs?

Drill 1 Read the following question and answers, and answer the following question.

 

Question: Which do you like better, cats or dogs? Why?

 

Answer A: I like dogs better than cats. Dogs are cute. I have had my dog since he was a puppy. He is so cute that I spend most of my free time with him. Dogs are also smart. They learn many tricks. My dog can sit, wait, and fetch a ball. He also plays frisbee and dances with me. He’s really smart. Therefore, I prefer dogs to cats.

 

Answer B: I like dogs better than cats. Dogs show more feelings than cats, and I like that. Dogs are also smarter than cats. Cats never learn tricks, but dogs do. My dog also plays frisbee and dances with me. My cat never joins us. She comes close to me only when she is hungry. I think cats are like that. Therefore, I prefer dogs to cats.

 

Question: Which do you think is the more appropriate way to answer the question? Why? Hint: Circle dog(s) and cat(s) in the answers in different colors respectively, and compare how many and where the words are.

                                                                                                    

                                                                                                    

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

注: コメントを投稿できるのは、このブログのメンバーだけです。