2019年11月20日水曜日

Pre-TOEFL Grammar & Writing supplement, sentence fragments, fused sentences, and comma splices


Sentence fragments (文の断片)
-       I like animals. For example, cats and dogs.
I like animals. For example, I like cats and dogs.

-       I like cats. Because they are cute.
I like cats because they are cute.
I like cats. This is because they are cute.

-       I like cats. Though they do not like me.
I like cats though they do not like me.

-       I take care of my pets well. So that they can live long.
I take care of my pets well so that they can live long.


Fused sentences (run-on sentences)  (無終止文)
-       After school I went to see my grandmother she was sick in bed I greeted her then I served her dinner she said it was good.
After school I went to see my grandmother, who was sick in bed. I greeted her and then I served her dinner. She said it was good.


Comma splice (カンマ結合)
-       The countryside provides plenty of nature and carefree people, this will nurture healthy and relaxed children.
The countryside provides plenty of nature and carefree people. This will nurture healthy and relaxed children.

例外
Friendship is the most important in life, I think. (主節の挿入)

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

注: コメントを投稿できるのは、このブログのメンバーだけです。