2019年11月20日水曜日

Pre-TOEFL Grammar & Writing supplement, sentence fragments, fused sentences, and comma splices


Sentence fragments (文の断片)
-       I like animals. For example, cats and dogs.
I like animals. For example, I like cats and dogs.

-       I like cats. Because they are cute.
→ I like cats because they are cute.
→ I like cats. This is because they are cute.

-       I like cats. Though they do not like me.
→ I like cats though they do not like me.

-       I take care of my pets well. So that they can live long.
I take care of my pets well so that they can live long.


Fused sentences (run-on sentences)  (無終止文)
-       After school I went to see my grandmother she was sick in bed I greeted her then I served her dinner she said it was good.
→ After school I went to see my grandmother, who was sick in bed. I greeted her and then I served her dinner. She said it was good.


Comma splice (カンマ結合)
-       The countryside provides plenty of nature and carefree people, this will nurture healthy and relaxed children.
→ The countryside provides plenty of nature and carefree people. This will nurture healthy and relaxed children.

例外
Friendship is the most important in life, I think. (主節の挿入)

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

注: コメントを投稿できるのは、このブログのメンバーだけです。