2016年5月4日水曜日

Pre-TOEFL writing, early bird or night owl

Writing Topic
Some people prefer to get up early in the morning and start the day’s work. Others prefer to get up later in the day and work until late at night. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and example to support your choice.


☆Let’s Think
Preference is difficult to convey. You yourself sometimes do not know why you like something. Let us try to remember the moment you went, “One thing good about getting up early/getting up later is that ….” It might have been the blue sky with white clouds in the morning sunshine or the relaxing branch in a cozy room with light beams filtering through curtains.

☆Hints for Points
I am a morning person, because of
1.    health-consciousness
2.    competitive society

I am a night person because of
1.    my constitution
2.    daily exercise  (I take a quick nap early in the evening and study late at night.)

☆Sample Essay Structures
Sample 1
【Introduction = Outline】I prefer to get up early for some merits.
【Point 1】It is good for the health to keep early hours. 
【Point 2】An early bird catches the worm.  e.g. less crowded train, bargain sale
【Counterargument-treatment】Some exciting things such as festivals happen late at night and I sometimes join them, but I do not make it a rule.
【Conclusion = Wrap-up】I make it a habit to keep early hours except for some special occasions to get the most out of life.

Sample 2
【Introduction = Outline】I body clock makes me keep late hours.
【Point 1】My mind works better at night.  e.g. quiet, no phone calls, concentration
【Point 2】I believe in a research result that shows young people perform better with longer sleeping hours (about 8 to 10 hours). 
【Counterargument-treatment】Night owls miss beautiful morning delight like clean air and bird songs, but you cannot have everything life offers anyway.
【Conclusion = Wrap-up】I prefer not to go against my grain.


♦Your Sample Essay Structure
【Introduction = Outline】

【Point 1】


【Point 2】


【Point 3】


【Conclusion = Wrap-up】


0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

注: コメントを投稿できるのは、このブログのメンバーだけです。